The Adventure of Living in the Kingdom of God

Saturday, November 30, 2013

OTA International Trauma Forum 2013 (Phoenix)

 In September, I was fortunate to attend the Orthopedic Trauma Association's national meeting in Phoenix, AZ to present some research on treating femur fractures in Kenya and Ethiopia. The best part of such meetings is the relationships and connections that are established and strengthened. The meeting was session after session of great information regarding the latest treatment recommendations for patients with fractures.The day before the official meeting, I presented my paper at the International Trauma Forum where surgeons from around the world discussed the best ways to address very difficult surgical problems. However, it wasn't all work. Paul Whiting, pictured below convinced me to go with him to explore the Apache Trail in the Tonto National Forest. I must say...I was impressed!
LtoR: Paul Whiting, Dr Zirkle (Founder of SIGN), Me
Tonto National Forest


I hate politics!
Roosevelt Dam
Beautiful scenery...minus the big guy in the middle and the powerlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment